In recent years, GCT has become the UK market leader in the supply of customised, automatic, large area, beam press cutting systems which have revolutionised the cutting process for many customers.
Innovative solutions are designed to solve customers’ problems, increase output and drive down costs.
Solutions and proposals are carried through with professional project management, risk assessment, CE certification and high quality documentation for all systems.
With a high quality press at the centre of each system there are many options to build upon:
- Large, progressive feed systems – where the product or tooling is bigger than the press head, an incremental feed system will move the tool through the press in a series of ‘bights’
- Powered table – eliminates the manual pushing in of the feed table at the touch of a button
- Twin tables (powered or manual) – allows two operators to work the press (one each side of the press) for increased productivity. Independent stroke and daylight controls permit a different job on each side to be processed
- Cutting and feeding belt with pinch and grab feeding – with the tooling clamped to the head of the press and operating parameters pre-programmed, this system is highly productive yet very versatile
Even difficult to handle materials which may be flimsy, sticky or statically charged will feed out of the press after cutting due to the heavy duty belt which acts both as a feeding system and mobile cutting barrier
Operator involvement is limited to material loading and collecting cut pieces as they emerge
- Inboard and outboard feed rollers – solves the problem of sheet feed through the press without the need for a belt. This has proved to be very effective and popular in the foam industry, especially when linked to a sheet feed unit at the rear of the press
- Leather hide cutting system – incorporating multiple work stations for load/unload, hide inspection area, die racking, specialized lighting. Designed for this specialized application, the system works very well wherever loading or unloading time is excessively greater than the basic cutting cycle. By getting work through the press and away for unloading, and fresh material and tooling prepared to follow on through the machine, the press cycle time is optimized and becomes much more productive.
- Cutting and heat sealing – GCT have pioneered this process for large area applications. Suitable material is fed into a very heavy duty press where it is cut and heat sealed in one operation and then fed out of the press for collection by the operator.
The process uses roll fed material, and is continuous and highly productive.
Impressive results are obtained with specially designed heaters, precision hardened and ground steel plates and in-depth tooling know- how.